As a landlord, it’s likely that you’ve been contacted by a tenant who has misplaced their house key and requires an immediate replacement. This can be inconvenient if it occurs at an inappropriate or inopportune time, especially if you don’t have a ‘spare’ key and have to go to a locksmith to get one cut. To eliminate this possibility, and to avoid any potential repeat with other tenants in similar circumstances, it would be highly beneficial if, as a landlord, you were in possession of a ‘Master Key Suite’, which comprises one key to fit in one lock for tenants, and the landlord retains he Grand Master key which opens all locks. By having a Master Key Suite, landlords only need to be in possession one key and can then contact a locksmith when they need a new key cut for any one of their residents. J Mills Locksmiths provides such a Master Key Suite service.
The remainder of this page expends on the above and further describes the benefits of a Master Key Suite for landlords and how it satisfies their needs.
Benefits a Master Key Suite for Landlords
The benefits/advantages of Master Key Suite for landlords are as follows:
- Can be used by landlords who own one or multiple properties, each with multiple tenants;
- Improves the security of the locks and reduces the potential for losing multiple keys; and,
- Expeditious production of replacement keys, which can either be couriered or physically collected at the locksmiths.
Further, Master Key Suites are:
- Useful for anyone with numerous locks and for managing and controlling the security of their keys. Suites can be developed for a variety of locks including, but not limited to, mortice locks, cylinders, padlocks and cam locks; and are also,
- Used for commercial properties, offices and hotels.
Further Advice/Information on Master Key Suites
For further information on our Master Key Suite services, please contact us on 07940900617.